Wednesday 23 November 2011

delicious decals

I thought some of my plain cups needed a little livening up, so i bit the bullet and applied some decals! After I spent ages playing around, I finally came up with the great idea of cutting the decals, and applying two or more pieces of decal to each cup. I really like the concept of seeing only part of the decoration or design, which comes out really well when the cups are sitting with both sections of decal visible. After more fiddling, putting decals on, taking decals off, moving decals around, here are some results:

At first, I didn't think that these larger decals were going to work, or look any good, but I was pleasantly surprised when they worked well and looked good.



All these cups (and more!) are currently available at in.cube8r gallery in Brisbane. Keep an eye on their facebook pages (in.cube8r and in.cube8r Brisbane) for regular updates on what's in store and what nifty handmade things are happening around your neck of the woods.

Don't forget to keep an eye on my facebook page too, where you may see some sneek-peek's and get some little birdie whispering secrets in your ear!

No comments: