Tuesday 7 February 2012

porcelain tea lights

a belated happy 2012 to everyone! well it has certainly been a slow start for the year, due to this, that and the other...and the other other, but im all ready to get back into the studio, and back into my old productive habits!

Over the last few months I have slowly been working my way through my first batch of porcelain tea light holders.



Some of them are quite strongly decaled (images above), in comparison to others (image below), however I still have some lovely plain porcelain ones too (bottom image).

I played around a little bit with the glazing, and some are deliciously glossy all over, and others are glazed on the inside, with the smooth bare porcelain on the outside. Regardless of their glazing, they are all quite thin, making them nice and translucent.

Although designed as tea light holders, they of course have many other possible uses - whatever your heart so desires.


The tea lights pictured above, and many others, are currently available at in.cube8r gallery in Fortitude Valley in Brisbane, and I can see a second batch on the horizon! More pictures are available on my Facebook page.

No comments: